Monday, February 4, 2013

Strange things done with Ivory soap


















Recently, while searching the web for crafts for kids to do I ran across one that really caught my eye. The craft involved a  bar of Ivory soap. Well anything that has to do with soap is always interesting to me, so I read the article.  When I got to the end all I could do was shake my head in disbelief. 

The blog author put a  bar of Ivory soap in the microwave and cooked for a 1 minute and a half. When it was done the soap had expanded and looked liked foam, it was dry and crusty. All I could think of was, whoa that was really strange and a little bit gross.  So I looked for more info and found a video that said that Ivory has little air bubbles in the soap that makes it float and when heated up expands and dries out. 

Now I am not sure if I would put this on my skin, especially if people are using it for craft projects.  It just seems very odd to me that a soap would do that. What do you think?

Here is the link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1hzatoE1tg

3 comments:

  1. I never could understand the big deal Ivory makes over the fact that their soap floats. Thanks for clearing up the big mystery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But yet it suppose to be the most gentle soap to use on your body and face. surprise...surprise! I don't use any type of bar soap with ingredients I can't pronounce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! I have to agree with Lisa, soap that has unrecognizable ingredients is not for me. I feel the same way about my food!

    ReplyDelete