Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Holidays



Well Thanksgiving is done; everyone ate their fill of goodies and went into a food coma. The rest of the week will be filled with leftover turkey sandwiches and the beginning of the shopping frenzy. It seems like it started much earlier this year. Many of the stores started on Thanksgiving Day! I think that is way too early to start, let us enjoy our Thanksgiving first. 

My Thanksgiving was a bit different this year. I usually spend it with my family but they live several hours away and driving on turkey day is exhausting. So this year I cooked a turkey at home for my son and I we had a turkey lunch. And later in the day I got to have dinner at one of my friend’s house, they had a wonderful meal prepared and the company was very nice. After that I went to another friend’s to enjoy dessert and the movie Elf. It was a lovely way to end the day. I went home fat and happy and ready for bed. 

As a tradition in our home we always get the Christmas tree and decorate for the holidays the day after Thanksgiving.  No crazy Black Friday shopping for me! We had a relaxing day sipping on hot cocoa, listening to Christmas music and decorating the tree and the house.  I always enjoy decorating the tree; I have many fond memories of the kids helping me decorate. There are a lot of stories of decorating the tree with the kids.   When my son and godson were little there were a lot of broken ornaments over the years, but there are still many left with fond memories attached. I look forward to those memories each year we decorate the tree. 

Take some time out of the craziness of shopping and daily life to enjoy the holidays, spend some time with family and friends and build fond memories. 

Happy Holidays!
.



1 comment:

  1. Great piece Veronica! This time of year is my absolute favorite. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete