Saturday, January 29, 2011

This last year

 This past year has been a roller coaster. I wasn’t sure if I would still have my soap business. The beginning of last year did not look so good, the economy was killing us. I am happy to say that things have gotten better.
I continued to work on the social networking on Merchant Circle, Face Book, and Indie Public, and it finally started to pay off. I have met some wonderful people who I have made friends with and learned so much from. Business has increased from all of the networking that I did, and on top of that I learned so many techniques to promote the company.

I now have a YouTube channel for my soaps. I was not too sure about doing a YouTube channel. I really hate being in front of the camera. and it was quite the challenge figuring it all out. I am so glad I did it. Having a YouTube channel has helped get the word out about my soaps and along the way I have met some really cool beauty gurus that really know their stuff. We have received many requests to review our soaps from YouTube which turned out to be another great way to spread the word about our soaps.

In the last year we have been featured on several blogs and YouTube channels. Here is a list of some of the blogs and YouTube channels. Someone even wrote a song about our soaps.

You can check out the song here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbFdB2gVB4s

Blogs:




More bloggers are reviewing our soaps and will put their review up on their blogs soon.

YouTube:

Creativejackie831 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzEtrGShztA



There are so many channels that did reviews that we could only put up a few links.

I have been working on a lot of new products lately. I now have a doggie wash, facial scrub, mud mask bath salts, body glitter and foot soaps. I have also redesigned our sugar scrubs and bath fizzies. There are lots of new products in the plans, I can’t wait to work on them. I really enjoy experimenting with new products.

I greatly appreciate our ever loyal customers without you we would not still be in business. Thank you for your support. My family is always a wonderful source of encouragement they keep me going even when I don’t want to go anymore and they never let me down. A special shout out to my son Zach who is always willing to be my human guinea pig and try all the new fragrances and products I create. And last but not least are my friends, they are my cheerleaders, they support me. They tell it like is and keep me from going down the wrong track.

I am looking forward to this coming year with much excitement and anticipation; you never know what is right around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. This is exciting that your business has been growing. I do think grass roots networking is the best and so fun to be involved in! Best of luck for 2011! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you've tackled You Tube. Your business is growing. And...you take awesome photos of your soaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had any doubt on your company's success. You have an excellent business model and product.

    ReplyDelete